Asia’s uncertain recovery
At the start of this year, there were high hopes that a global economic recovery was underway, with opportunities for Asian economies and businesses to reposition and rebuild firmer foundations for growth. While the global economy has been picking up steam, the emergence of dangerous new variants and recurring waves of Covid-19 infections alongside vaccine bottlenecks suggest that the challenges of the pandemic are far from behind us.
Meanwhile, the global economic system is undergoing seismic shifts, as globalisation is strained and major economies increasingly compete in economic, technological, geopolitical, and ideological spheres, in many instances with a goal of putting domestic interests first. Amid ongoing US-China tensions, calls for supply chain diversification, uneven recoveries in regional markets, the spectre of inflation, and recent experiences prompting new concepts of risk resilience, multinational companies in Asia are considering how to effectively navigate this new geography of global business.
Please join us for the Regional Strategic Forecast for Tokyo which will feature the following:
- our latest analysis of the global and Asian economies;
- monetary policies and inflation concerns;
- US and global foreign and trade policies and implications for Asian markets;
- new frontiers for Asia’s tech sector;
- the outlook and driving factors for the local economic and political environment;
- a panel of business leaders sharing how they are finding opportunities amid these ongoing challenges.